What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing texture in photoshop

Alshak

Hi

Is there anyway possible to change a rendered scene texture in photoshop using UV pass? (Not using a real 3d object in Photoshop)
I don't care about lighting or reflection and anything else, just deforming the map is important for me

Something like Colorway do?

Thanks

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Alshak if you would like to have this thread moved to another forum, please contact any moderator.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Let's try it in the General Photoshop Board.

It would greatly help if would upload an image to provide a visual reference.

Alshak

Thanks say

Let me explain it this way,I want to change the Diffuse texture map in photoshop, like having a rectangular map as an smart object, and when we paint on it and save it, it use uv pass to deform and math to original rendered object., similar to stmap node in Nuke, or like what Colorway do.

I will upload a sample soon.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This is above my paygrade. I know just enough to be dangerous. Zeealex would be our member who would be more versed in these processes.

What program was the original texture map created in?
What program is the object rendered in?

Using smart objects is one way to update any file that would be associated with the render.

Alshak

Haha, that was cool ;)

It is rendered in Modo, let say that I have a very complicated flag, and i want to change the texture in photoshop, in nuke it can be done by using a UV Pass and stmap Node, there should be a plugin or something to make the process.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
images would be great, but from what I garner, you're looking for a UV pass plugin for photoshop, so you can change the diffuse texture on it in photoshop, without rendering the object in modo again.

correct me if i'm wrong.

would you settle for the model's uv pass being rendered in another program?

Last edited:

Alshak

Hi Zeealex,

That is exactly what i want, I can render my UV pass in Modo, and technically that should do the job for post production to change the diffuse map.
But I searched a lot and can't find anything that do this in photoshop.

Any suggestion?

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
right, okay, I think i'm with you.

Photoshop isn't really a program that can change textures in post production via UV pass methods.

have you tried using the spotmask trial?
http://www.spotmask.com/pricing/
spotmask can allow you to change the texture in a UV pass render fairly easily