What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free image editing request

MrToM

Guru
No word of a lie, it took longer for PS to load than to do this...

person_remove.png

I was bored too.

Regards.
MrBored.

MrToM

Guru
...two (better ones)_ up by the time I finished mine...
Poppy-cock!

If anything mine should be worse of the bunch.....I literally only spent about 5 seconds on it.....took longer to save it out to be honest.

Hopefully the OP will return to reap our offerings.

Regards.
MrTom.

TonyCooper

Poppy-cock!

If anything mine should be worse of the bunch.....I literally only spent about 5 seconds on it.....took longer to save it out to be honest.

Hopefully the OP will return to reap our offerings.

Not that I doubt you, but it always amuses me how Gurus - here, and in other forums - always claim to
have worked on an image revision for bare seconds. Sometimes I think that they would claim to be
able to replace Charon with Harry Reid or Mitch McConnell (depending on your politics) in Joachim
Patnir's "Charon Crossing the Styx" in under 60 seconds. It's like how fast you can do it is the mark
of skill.

I'll admit that it took me longer. The lower two sections were a breeze to clone in, but the
sky replacing the top of the figure took more time. The blue isn't consistent, so the evidence of
cloning was hard to avoid. Content-aware fill didn't work for this. I didn't time myself, though.

MrToM

Guru
Well....'content aware' was what I used.....agreed, its in no way perfect but then it is free.
I didn't 'double compress' it though, (saved as png), so I did think about it for slightly longer than 5 seconds.....depend where you start counting I guess. :thumbsup:

[video=youtube_share;hfc2SCozZMI]http://youtu.be/hfc2SCozZMI[/video]

Regards.
MrTom.

TonyCooper

Well....'content aware' was what I used.....agreed, its in no way perfect but then it is free.
I didn't 'double compress' it though, (saved as png), so I did think about it for slightly longer than 5 seconds.....depend where you start counting I guess. :thumbsup:

I tried it again with Content Aware Fill and it worked perfectly. My first attempt was in
doing it on just the sand, just the water, and just the sky. I thought that was the right
way. I was wrong.

MrToM

Guru
... I was wrong...
Not necessarily Tony......it just depends on the image.

This one lends itself perfectly to content aware......high contrast between the sky/sea, sea/sand.....PS likes that...:thumbsup:

I tried doing it like you did too but also just 'went for it big styleeeee!'....it worked (ish), it got posted, had a drink.

Like I said, I'd put myself bottom of the 'quality' ladder, yourself and Sam did a far better job....but it does show what can be done with the right tool in the right situation in virtually very little time.......a further minute or so 'touching up' and it would have been better.

Anyway.....I need to blow the froth off a cold one....its FRIDAY!

Regards.
MrTom.