What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to get that eyes effect?

anndre

Hello,

I'm just joined the forum and please a little advice..

I'm a newborns/children photographer (for few years), but I cant find any tutorials "how to get that effect of eyes" :( I've tried many time, but I cant get it. Could please help me with this?

baby1.jpg

baby2.png

thank you,
Anna

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom Mann

Guru
Exactly what aspect of the eyes are you referring to? The brightness of the sclera? Shadows that aren't excessively dark? etc.

From the reflections in the cornea, it's pretty obvious that the photographer used a fairly large (in an angular sense) umbrella or softbox in each of these two shots. I can guarantee you that careful positioning the key and fill lights goes a long way towards getting the brightness and control of shadows that we see. However, if that's not the aspect that interests you, let us know.

Anyway, since we don't have "before" shots of the two images that you have posted, instead, why don't you just post one of your own photos and we'll see what sort of lighting, as well as PP tweaks might improve it.

Cheers,

Tom M

MikeMc

McGuru
I might understand this by assuming the OP wants the eyes to POP.

That said, Lighting the shot is number one as Tom pointed out. I have a tendency to over sharpen and over adjust contrast to makes eyes pop. A simple mask will isolate the eyes. When masked, playing with levels, curves, and vibrance will let you play