What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copying from illustrator and pasting in photoshop

fernandoch

Hello,

When I copy from Illustrator and I paste in Photoshop I get a different color.

Is there a way to have it pasted with the same color it has in Illustrator?

Thanks

Rufkraft

My guess would be you are working with two color modes- probably CMYK in illustrator and RGB in photoshop. Try it out with both files set to the same color mode. : )

Tom Mann

Guru
If you would like us to double check it for you, just post the AI file that you started with and the PS file that you imported it into.

BTW, there's no reason to post big files. To save time and space, just make a small crop out of your problematic file pair and post that. Also, if you zip them before posting, you'll probably have fewer hassles.

Cheers,

Tom M

Tom Mann

Guru
I'm not at all surprised about your Google search. There are lots of ways the color can get mucked up just in PS by itself, let alone while importing something from another program. Since some of these problems are fairly obscure, most people never need to deal with such matters until it happens to them, LOL. I would say that we see a question about color management here about once every couple of weeks or so.

re your question, "Can you try it with any AI file", (a) it should be one that gave you trouble. (b) It should be small and very simple, and (c) you also to send us the corresponding PSD file showing us what happened to it after you moved it into PS.

Tom M

Tom Mann

Guru
I only had a couple of minutes to look at your files, but it's obviously a transparency issue. Here's my quick take on it ...

Export the file from AI as an EPS, JPG or flattened PSD and it looks fine.

However, export the file from AI to a PSD, but now, with layers preserved and a white background layer, and you will see all of your AI bits and pieces appear in PS, each with an opacity of 75%. Increase all the opacities to around 95% and it looks as dark as it should look.

Sorry, got to run.

Tom M