What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to copy vector layer or selection between two document?

Theiamania

Hallo everybody,
I didn't understand how copy a vector layer from a document in an other document. Same thing about a selection: how to copy it created (and saved) in a document - to another document?
I mean when both document are opened..., of course.

Thanks for a reply.

MrToM

Guru
You should be able to use the 'Move' tool, ('V'), to just drag the layer (from the workspace, NOT the layers panel), onto the other document.

Make sure the 'Layer' you want to move is selected in the layers panel.

If you have your documents 'Tabbed' then drag to the 'Tab' of the document where you want the layer....wait for it to open....then drop onto the workspace.

If you want to 'center' the layer hold down 'Shift' before dropping.

Note:
When you drag the layer it WILL move in the document but will revert back to its initial position once dropped on the target document.....so don't worry about it moving, its normal.

Regards.
MrTom.

Theiamania

Okay, it works... or better I already try to do it but the second document are really smaller then the main, I didn't recognize layer and vector mask... anyway, okay great.
Many THX Tom!