What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disney diamond logo help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyFreak

Disney diamond logo recreation help!!!

dlpg.jpg

Hi, I have spent hours and hours searching the internet to figure out how to re-create this text effect and cannot find anything close! I have this font but it doesn't matter what font is used.
Can ANYONE recreate this as a editable PSD file? Or help with tips on how to achieve this? PLEASE HELP!!!! I have a deadline for school.

Thanks

Last edited:

Paul

Former Member
It is if you try, how far into it have you got?

What you desire is within the link i supplied, a bit of graft and pointers from many here will get you over the finish line;)

Paul

Former Member
Too easy mate, like i said a bit of graft and some help will get you to where you need to be, having it done helps no one especially you - be honest.

DisneyFreak

I tried the link you sent and I just can't seem to get it. I offered to pay but they moved my topic to Freelance and that takes time and rarely viewed,

Paul

Former Member
Just out of interest how far into Photoshop are you at school as it becomes a project, surely you must have some skill level?
Show us what you have done so far.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This text is very complex.There's absolutely no telling how many styles were applied and what the settings could have been. I'm not absolutely certain it was even created in Ps. The artisans at Disney may have had months to work on this design.

I would approach this partly using layer styles and partly just painting, morphing via liquify filter. Paul's link is a perfect starting point.

Not being rude here, but hopefully you walk away from this project having learned the lesson of setting less lofty goals for yourself, at least ones that are within your skill level, and not procrastinating. This experience will serve you well in your professional career. Offering someone payment to help you complete your assignment will not help you in learning the skills you need succeed.

Good luck.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Re: Disney diamond logo recreation help!!!

View attachment 55355

Hi, I have spent hours and hours searching the internet to figure out how to re-create this text effect and cannot find anything close! I have this font but it doesn't matter what font is used.
Can ANYONE recreate this as a editable PSD file? Or help with tips on how to achieve this? PLEASE HELP!!!! I have a deadline for school.

Thanks

The first steps in creating this could be pretty straight-forward and are covered in the link that Paul has supplied you.

It's the added effects that makes it appear daunting to do.

But don't give up that easily. Go ahead and try to create the basic glass beveled look of the text using your Photoshop's BEVEL style layer. The output may not look similar to your example, but its a start .... better than nothing.

From there we'll try to walk you through with what else you may need to do to get a similar look.

It may look like a beginner's first try but what you learn from it can be a stepping stone for you in figuring out other ways to do it.

You start.... post your try with a text using the PS BEVEL/EMBOSS style effect....

DisneyFreak

Thanks for you help guys. So far I got this...

dlpg.jpg

Now I don't know what to do. I want the silky clean look with the lines. I want the real glass look like they have but not sure I can accomplish that.

DisneyFreak

Also, I did this with a Harry Potter tutorial but the chisel hard effects inside look crappy. I want it smooth and I think I might be fine. But also I want the lines more define and dark.
dlpg.jpg

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
DisneyFreak....

I think I see why.... All the fonts of this type aren't smooth. I an yet to come across a clean, smooth version.

It's the cause of the over-chiseled bevels. If you look at your sample the curves are smooth and lines are true.

You need to clean it up for it to be of any use.

It's easy to do this with a vector application tho.

DisneyFreak

dlpg.jpg

I cleaned it up and you were right it does now look better. I just wish somehow I could do the smooth glass effect and not have to add a "diamond" like pattern on it and also have the middle lines more solid like the original

Status
Not open for further replies.