What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idea suggestions?

bkweibley

Ok guys so ill start by saying that I am new to Photoshop, slowly learning my way threw things as I go. I picked up adobes offer on Photoshop/lightroom so those are the only 2 programs i currently have to work with. I am on a paintball team and we got jerseys made. We had quite a few problems with the company printing them so they offered to throw a free banner in for us. The issue is that we didnt already have a banner designed and since the design cost would be on the company printing it now they came up with a pretty horrible design, they literally just took the front of our jersey and put it on the banner and it looks pretty bad. Im having a roadblock on how i could even design this banner so I was hoping to have a little input from everyone here. I will post our jersey below, their suggested banner, and then just a fun little mock up that I did trying to learn my way threw photoshop. Please note that on my mock up i used words instead of actual sponsor logos, i need to use logos in the actual banner but couldnt get it to look right with them in mine.

MOMENTUM 1_zpsyglvhcv5.jpg

MOMENTUM-BANNER 1_zpsnmbbkbtq.jpg

MoLogo_zpsmwlkn2n7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ekmeh

Don't throw too many things as you go man, can be dangerous.

Nah, but on a serious note. I'm assuming the last image is the image you made, as you said "and then just a fun little mock up that I did trying to learn my way threw photoshop" as last.

But yeah, in my opinion it looks a little cheap. Also, are you sure you're using the right height&width? Because theirs has a different one then yours.

Anyway, it's kinda hard for me to think about anything as I usually make stuff as I go, but I think you should use a different font in the first place, and something related to paintball. I like the paint dot for example. Maybe add a paintball gun in there or something? Or a helmet. And as for another font, use an easier to read font, and make it fit better in the theme. This is a graffity font, you're talking paintball here. You should go to e.g. dafont.com or fonts.com or myfonts.com or something similar and search for "dripping" fonts or something. There will be some graffity alike fonts in there aswell, but that doesn't matter as the dripping represents the paintball part.

Make sure you use the same style over the whole image though. For example, don't use this animated/fake wall and then put a real paintball gun in there. You either make it all realistic or all animated.

Goodluck! :)