What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with Rasterizing a Layer

Hi!

I'm having this problem since I upgraded to Photoshop CC.

This logo is made with a Brush preset that I created when I was using Photoshop CS6, but now that I'm using photoshop CC, when I use the "Drop Shadow" option and I rasterize the layer, the shadow fixes itself into something that I don't want, I've tried a lot of things, but just can't make it look correctly.

The first picture shows the logo with the effect before rasterizing, and the second photo is after rasterizing.
Screenshot 2015-05-26 22.16.23.pngScreenshot 2015-05-26 22.16.35.png

What could be wrong? Help!

MrToM

Guru
I can't replicate the problem.

Could you post the psd?

Just the affected layers would be enough if you don't want to use the whole file.
Use the 'image' upload as normal and ignore any warnings...it'll post ok as a link.

Regards.
MrToM.

Here it is, thanks in advance.

I'll see if i can upload the brush preset to dropbox and give you the link :)

Greetings,
Miguel

Attachments

• KP-21.psd
    2.6 MB · Views: 1

MrToM

Guru
Just zip it and upload it here. :thumbsup:

Regards.
MrToM.

MrToM

Guru
There is no drop shadow on your logo layer.

I need the PSD to be as it is in its NOT working state....otherwise I can't work out what might be wrong.

Just remove what you need to from the PSD file leaving the 'erroneous' bits in as-is.....warts 'n all.

In other words just remove the background layer and post the rest AS-IS.

Regards.
MrToM.

Oh...and whats this?

whats-this.png

Last edited:
Oh, sorry, there you go.

And, the 16 on the brush means that it was saved in a 16-bit, but I have the problem whether I choose the 8 or 16-bit version of the brush

Thanks again

Attachments

• Photoshopdoc.psd
    4.1 MB · Views: 1

MrToM

Guru
...the 16 on the brush means that it was saved in a 16-bit...
Cool!

Never noticed it before but then I don't use 16bit brushes.

OK...your problem is as I suspected.....the layer is not 100% transparent.

Simply zooming in reveals the same effect WITHOUT rasterising....zoom all the way in and you'll see it change as you do.

To get round this permanently you'll have to re-do your brush but for now try this...

1. Select the LOGO layer.
2. Ctrl + Click the LOGO layer THUMBNAIL.
3. INVERT the selction.
4. Hit DELETE on your keyboard.

That should do the trick for now but when you create your new brush make sure that any areas that are supposed to be transparent are 100% transparent.....you wont know by looking so use the Opacity Info in the INFO panel to make sure.

Regards.
MrToM.

Ok, I'll try it and I'll let you know...

Anyway, I don't know why is not 100% transparent, as I told at the begining of the thread, I've been using this Brush since 1 year or so ago and never had that problem.

It worked! Thank you so much, is the first time that I have a problem that can't solve by myself!

You kinda saved my life, lol

Greetings,
Miguel