What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

adding backgrounds to images with plain white backgrounds

gautamz07

Power User
Hey guys i'am building a tiny websites , its a image heavy website , so alot of images .

now when i made the PSD design of the website , i used images like so :

sofas.jpg

i used images like the above just to give the client an idea , but when he got back to me he said the images i used were pritty , but he would like his images to be used which all look something like below :

IMG_03166-(Copy).jpg

now images like the above are not attactive , obviously to make them attractive you need a good background , so i decide to play around and google some nice backgrounds , i found a image on google for example , this one :

372496.jpg

and i sawped the sofa with one of my clients sofa images , like so :

2.jpg

That was pritty simple , now when i tried swapping images which were at an angle , it was a bit of trouble , like so (below image is from google) :

modern_dining_room_sets_2013.jpg

when i tried swapping the dining table , i get the following result :

dining-table.jpg

I post this question for two reason , one is how do i go about swapping objects in an image that are at an angle , ofcourse the new object your adding in should be at a similar angle i guess .

The other reason is , what do you think of this idea of mine so far ? :D :D :D

also what other editing teachniques do you think i can you to make these pale white background images look good . I would appreciate any advice .

Thank you.
Gautam.

Last edited: