What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pixelation/resolution problem when opening Photoshop file

thomcus

Help! I'm relatively new to Photoshop but mostly know what I'm doing...however, I'm trying to open a PSD file that someone else created, and everything is pixelated or blurry in it. Photos are really low res/pixelated. When the person who created the file is working in it, it does not look like this, but when she sends me the file and I open it, everything is pixelated or blurry, including the text. I am able to get the text to look OK by changing the Image Size (under "Image") to 300 from 72. But the photos are still REALLY blurry (if I look at the original JPEGs for these images, they are sharp as can be). What could be causing this, and could I have something set differently in my Photoshop than she does? If I export this file as a Photoshop PDF, it has the same pixelization....looks the same :( What could be causing the photos to be so blurry when I open or use this file?

revnart

Power User
Can you post here this PSD? And what version and operating system you are using?