What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hobbyist needs help with image correction

rfdes

Hi... I have a problem and am hoping someone would be willing to help me. I am a hobbyist that enjoys restoring old industrial machines( drills, saws, lathes, etc). One of the tough areas involving machine is recreating the metal tags showing the machines model number, manufacturer, etc. This usually involves taking another tag, photocopying and attempting to make a printable image which can then be converted into a decal. Well, I have and tag image that I want to recreate and was given a photo of another existing image which I want to use to create the decal. The problem is that the perspective is not adequate as well as the fact that the image is 'bowed' such that I cannot use it in the state that it is.

So.... I got a trial copy of Photoshop and attempted to teach myself how to use enough of the features in order to 'fix' my image. I've been struggling big time. I'm hoping someone on this forum would be kind enough to take my attached image and flatten properly so that I can create the decal that I need. The dimensions of the tag are 3.5" in width and 2.375" in height measured from the edges of the tag.
If the attached image is not satisfactory, I can email the image.
Any help that can be offered would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jim Flanagan
Largo, Florida

I need this image rotated and 'flattened'. Is this possible.
Royal Badge Working Copy 1.jpg

MrToM

Guru
Something like this?

badge_MT_01.png

If its any good to you I can post a version to the size you need.....in pixels.

Regards.
MrToM.

rfdes

Yes! That is exactly what I was looking for. The size that you are currently showing without the orange lines would work very well for me. If you would please post the image without the lines, I can take it from there.
Your generosity is most appreciated.

Thanks again...
Jim
Largo, Florida