What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CS6 - Magnifier by shortcut doesnt work as before

marcelo_neri

Hello guys!

I use Photoshop CS6. When using the move tool (v), and we need some zoom, we just hit the quick shortcut (ctrl + space) and drag the "magnifier" up or down in order to magnify or decrease right?
So, I must clicked or typed something wrong on my software and now the "magnifier" is behaving like it is on photoshop CS3.
I already hit the software's opening shortcut with (ctrl + shift + alt) and clicked on "yes" for "delete the Adobe photoshop settings file" but it didnt work.
Does anybody know how I can fix that? I mean, how can I set my CS6 to work as before?

Thanks in advance.

Marcelo

Last edited:

MrToM

Guru
First check that 'Scrubby Zoom' is enabled, (checked), at the top of the workspace when the 'Zoom' tool is selected.

If it is, you should be good to go but it may also be checked and greyed out....I think.

If so, then check that 'Use Graphics Processor' is checked in PREFERENCES > PERFORMANCE

'Scrubby Zoom' uses your GPU so it needs to be on and working correctly.....which means checking that gfx drivers are up to date....etc etc.

Failing that I dunno really.....if the GPU is ok and 'Scrubby Zoom' is on then it should work.

Regards.
MrToM.

EDIT:
I just checked to make sure about the 'Scrubby Zoom' option.....if the GPU is not working correctly then this will be unchecked and greyed out....when the 'Zoom' tool is selected.

Last edited:

marcelo_neri

Hello MrToM!

psd.jpg
As you can see on this print screen, Scrubby Zoom' is not enabled or ready to do it (grey). On the same image, you also can see that I cant check the "Use Graphic Processor" either.
Now I suspect that maybe I changed some settings on my computer but cant remember what it was.
I ask if you have another idea on how to solve this, please write some lines.

I thank you very much for your help.

Marcelo

MrToM

Guru
As you can see from your own screen shot...

"No GPU options are available with Photoshop Standard"

'Scrubby Zoom' is a GPU option.
You need to upgrade to CS6 Extended in order to enable the GPU options.

'Some lines'. :rofl:

Regards.
MrToM.

MrToM

Guru
...it was working before for years...
Maybe, but the fact remains that PS either doesn't recognise the version you are using or not recognising your GFX card.

The info message "No GPU options are available with Photoshop Standard" is only displayed for CS6 Standard version.

What version is displayed on the splash screen when you open PS....or the 'About Photoshop' image?
Do you have the word 'Extended' on either of them?

Have you updated the GFX drivers?
Have you updated Flash Player?
Have you updated your OS?

Check everything....make sure everything is up to date driver-wise and try it again.

If you don't have the 'Extended' version of CS6 it wont work anyway....regardless of how long its worked for before....this is now, and its now that you have a problem.

Regards.
MrToM.

marcelo_neri

This is the prins screen of the splash. Recently I updated Flash Player and OS, but I don't know how to update the GFX drivers.
Thank you anyway.
ps.jpg

MrToM

Guru
That IS the splash screen for the Standard version of CS6.

Regards.
MrToM.