What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Color tune all images for a Company

peterthewiz

How do I do to get the same "company feeling" on all the images I have for a company. Look at my example. These images has been color tune to that all of the mages has that blueish company color cent to it. I know for a fact that this blue tune isn't naturally there in the office.

I need to do this for another set of images and I want the images to automatically say "we belong together", "this is and image from church A" - I think you understand! I think I've seen a tutorial somewhere on how to use one image colors to automatically tweek all of the others to look the same but i cant find that (or similar) tutorial again.

Can anyone point me in the right direction pls!

I concidre myself to be quite skilled with photoshop (I've used it since version 1.3)

Thanks!

Attachments

• company.jpg
    company.jpg
    459.3 KB · Views: 4

Paul

Former Member
Your images would help us :mrgreen:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
There are so many ways to do this that it would be a matter of experimentation. We would need some example of the images your trying to tint.

My go to method would be a color fill adjustment layer overlay with a layer mask. It could take more than one if multiple colors are used (your examples above have blue and green). Each image may take a different method.

There are a few tutorials here on psg on this matter, I will try and find them.

peterthewiz

I have attached an example file.
I don't have the original files before color tuning. This is the files we got from the photographer. I'm after the method not exactly how theses files where converted

Tom Mann

Guru
If it were me, I would start the creative process by carefully selecting an appropriate location / background for your subject. For example, search Google Images for {high key interior getty}, and consider locations like this one for the background:http://www.gettyimages.dk/detail/photo/high-key-ambient-royalty-free-image/185076774

image.jpg

Many modern offices are suitable because they have stark white walls, ceilings, etc. Note that it has few areas of saturated colors and can credibly be brightened into a high key background for your subject.The next step is to turn it into a weakly saturated blue duotone image such as one might find by searching Google Images for {blue duotone}, e.g.,

image.jpg

The final conceptual step is to add your subject (eg, model, leaves, equipment, etc.) to the scene, but mask it off so that it is not converted to high key, and prevented from becoming a duotone, so it retains normal color and tone, whether it happens to be the skin or clothing of a person, the color of leaves (as in some of your examples), etc.

I presented the above steps as if we were constructing a Photoshop composite from separate background and subject images, but, in reality, the best way to do this is to include the subject in the scene and just use masks to separately operate on the background areas in the image.

HTH,

Tom M

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
PS - Obviously, depending on your taste, just by playing with layer opacities and BlendIF conditions, you can let a little bit of the blue go into the subject, and/or let some of the original colors and tones of the background be seen through the high key duotone conversion. Your choice.