What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

please help me. i cant figure out how do this stuff

omg

red circle.jpg

I really want to know how to do the line in the red circle. I try searching on google and youtube and its doesn't come up with nothing.
The closet thing i got is "how to make flare on photoshop" but that is not what i looking for.
so if you guy got any solution please feel free to share. Thank you by the way

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Create center guides.
Create one of the "spokes" with the a Shape Tool with it's end in the center. I used the Pen Tool.
Duplicate the "spoke" one time. (Cmd/Cntrl + J)
Enter Free transform. Set the center pivot of the transform box to the bottom so that it pivot around the center of the document. Rotate 5 to 8 degrees. Hit enter.
Screen Shot 2015-06-22 at 11.33.00 PM.png

Now hold Shift + Option/Alt + Command/Control and hit the T key................this may take up to 70+ hits.
Select all layers.
Hit Cmd/Cntrl + E to merge.

Note: If you don't want to have all those layers, just make a selection of the second "spoke" (Cmd/Cntrl + click the layers thumbnail) then
hold Shift + Option/Alt + Command/Control and hit the T key. Cmd/Cntrl + D to deselect.
Screen Shot 2015-06-22 at 11.34.07 PM.png

If it needs to be oval (or any other shape), just use free transform to move the R and L sides in. Hold the Opt/Alt key to move both sides simultaneously.
Screen Shot 2015-06-22 at 11.35.01 PM.png

You can then reverse the color using Cmd/Cntrl + I to invert.
Screen Shot 2015-06-22 at 11.35.55 PM.png

Last edited:

omg

thx you sir. oh by the way sorry for my inappropriate username on yesterday too :redface:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
omg said:
oh by the way sorry for my inappropriate username on yesterday
Not a problem!

If you have any questions or problems with the technique, just ask away.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well, the process or technique to create it is called step and repeat.

As for the shape, maybe a multi pointed star shape.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
There is another way to make a multi-pointed star. You have less control over the spines but it is an option.

Choose your Polygon Tool
Set to fill, stroke off.
Choose the gear Icon, set to smooth corners, set to star, and indent side to 75%
Screen Shot 2015-06-23 at 12.34.29 PM.png

Set your sides to about 70, you may have to experiment a bit.
Then it's just a matter of click and drag.
Screen Shot 2015-06-23 at 12.35.22 PM.png

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If you turn off the "smooth Corners" you can make many variations of the star. You are however, limited to sharp, skinny points.
This involves using the Direct Selection Tool and selecting the inner points and using the "Transform Points" option from the edit menu or right clicking.

Screen Shot 2015-06-23 at 1.15.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-23 at 1.15.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-23 at 1.16.00 PM.png

Last edited:

omg

Thanks for the help man. I really have a hard time on Photoshop/illustrator. man i wish these program work like Autocad then everything would be much easier and more structure.

MrToM

Guru
... i wish these program work like Autocad then everything would be much easier and more structure.
Most of us just wish it worked. :rofl:

We feel your pain.

Regards.
MrToM.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It does work............you just have to know how to make it work.! LOL!!

It takes some knowledge and practice.

MrToM

Guru
...It takes some knowledge and practice...
My PS must be the cheap version then as I don't have the 'Knowledge and Practice' plugin installed.

Do you have a download link?

Regards.
MrNumbNuts.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
My PS must be the cheap version then as I don't have the 'Knowledge and Practice' plugin installed.

Do you have a download link?

Regards.
MrNumbNuts.

Yeah, I find that this LINK contains a fairly large amount of knowledge and experience...........don't know about a plug-in though.