What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Help!]Pen tool selections come out blurry and feathered

Skyrian

I am trying to make a clean and crisp selection using the pen tool, but every time I try filling it with the color I want it fills with a pretty noticeable feather or blurred edge. I have tried filling it different ways (with CMD+Delete, and just using the paint brush) and it is always feathered. I think it has something to do with the pen tool putting an automatic feather on the paths I make but I do not know how to change that.

Any help would be very much appreciated, and feel free to message me to comment on here with any questions that would help you understand my problem.

Maybe turn down the feathering?

Once you have your path, click the 'Selection' button at the top of the workspace and set 'Feathering' to zero.

You may also want to turn off 'Anti-Aliasing' too if you really want it sharp edged.

Regards.
MrToM.

Back