What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking For Help w/ Near Finished BW Recolouring.

eddiejag

tumblr_nqrxngXXtQ1sqf596o1_1280.jpg

Hi guys,

I took this 1908 photograph of a Seneca native and recolored it. I've been working on it the past few days and have a very neat photoshop project going. I'm looking to get this photograph printed and framed on canvas for my girlfriends birthday at the end of July. I would really appreaciate some collaboration from people who have don recloring to do the final touch ups. It's almost done, I think it just needs a little extra touch. Thanks!

tumblr_nqrx2s3xaY1sqf596o1_1280.jpg

Paul

Former Member
Copyrighted image bottom right, are you ok printing and sharing?

eddiejag

Copyrighted image bottom right, are you ok printing and sharing?

That copyright is over 100 years old, I believe it's no longer protected. I believe this also falls under fair use because I have added elements to the photograph that drastically change it. I wont be selling it or slapping my own copyright on it.

You've done a very good recoloring job eddiejag!

I opened the blacks to get more details. Important for printing.
Like gedstar I removed the yellow cast and went for a more brownish warmer look.

tumblr_nqrx2s3xaY1sqf596o1_1280chrisdesign.jpg

gedstar

Guru
Hi Chris, I like your result, can I ask how you got that, the colors are more natural looking than mine. The OP should be very happy with that!

Tom Mann

Guru
And, here's my take on it.

Tom M

PS - In the interest of full disclosure, to save myself some work, I started with Gedstar's version.

Attachments

• colorbalance1-Gedstar_tweak-tjm01-ps01a-02.jpg
    colorbalance1-Gedstar_tweak-tjm01-ps01a-02.jpg
    720 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

eddiejag

You've done a very good recoloring job eddiejag!

I opened the blacks to get more details. Important for printing.
Like gedstar I removed the yellow cast and went for a more brownish warmer look.

View attachment 56829
That one is looking really good! Any advice on printing guys? The last time I made a commercial photograph for a client he had problems with the PPI at the printer. I exported it in Lightroom with 300 ppi but for some reason it stayed locked at a much lower PPI. Maybe this time I'll export straight from PS.