What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for help with tricky batch editing project...

Kali V

What I am trying to accomplish is to batch edit a group a jpegs (i.e. pictures of rainbows) by cutting out a shape (let's say a triangle for all intensive purposes) and then saving the jpeg as a png with a transparent background and floating rainbow triangle. My work flow has been as follows but the final saved png is just a duplicate of the original image with out having cut the shape at all. What am I doing wrong here?

1. Open rainbow image 1
2. Create new action called "triangle"
3. Paste vectors (from illustrator) of triangle as smart objects
4. Magic wand select triangle's interior
5. Select inverse
6. Return to rainbow image 1 layer (background) and delete the selected (inverse of the triangle)
7. Delete triangle smart object layer
8. Save As PNG in new folder
9. Close document without saving
10. Stop recording

When I run the batch I choose to add an extension of _TRI. The sample of rainbow image 1 I saved when creating the action is good and winds up in the right folder as a png but with original file names and the batch run images wind up in the right folder as pngs of the original "rainbows" but with no shape cutout and with no _TRI extension. Please help!

colleague

Guru
if you do'nt do nr 9 in the action ( do'nt close the document without saving)
then you can see each step in the history of each document to find out what went wrong

maybe it's already no 1 paste vector , because where is the step " copy vector"

revnart

Power User
Hi, try creating triangle inside of photoshop instead of creating smart object from pasted vector.
Try this:
uploadfromtaptalk1435746443211.png
uploadfromtaptalk1435746453073.png