What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What tools/filters for retouching face/complexion ?

easybullet3

What tools/filters should I use for making someones face/complexion look better (in photoshop).
- ie: better complexion and a bit more smooth skin.. (its popular in Asian Photos and it makes the face look slightly plastic).

here are typical examples of what I mean:

asian girl.jpg
airbrushed-face.jpg

Attachments

• airbrushed-face.jpg
    airbrushed-face.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 3
I'm pretty sure the girl in that first photo IS plastic.

And she's got gorgeously liquified eyes.

Agent

easybullet3

I'm pretty sure the girl in that first photo IS plastic.

And she's got gorgeously liquified eyes.

Agent

Actually.. the eyes are from Coloured Contact Lenses.
really really common in Asia :)
They wear LARGE IRIS colour contact lenses to make their eyes appear more large.

But I am interested how to do the style of skin/complexion enhancments.

Last edited:

Paul

Former Member
At what level of Photoshop usage and ability do you think you are please?
Don't want you running before you can walk do we...

easybullet3

At what level of Photoshop usage and ability do you think you are please?
Don't want you running before you can walk do we...

Hi Paul. Fair question.
Dont worry,, I'm completely familiar with photoshop.
there is no need for anyone to write lengthy replies. (just short, sharp points).

you can just name the filter or tool or process in a single line and I will know what to do from there.

I have spend 15 YEARS with photoshop (as a hobby).
but I am not a pro and was never taught it.

i can most likely do the above myself, but quite possibly there is a filter or method that I dont know which is much faster than the around-about way that I might do.

(FOR EXAMPLE: if you said to me: "increase saturation, reduce contrast, slight gassian blur on a duplicate layer behind and blend Opacity and liquify her eyes", I would 100% understand what you are trying to say to me) :)

really I am after a DIRECTION,, and i can go from there myself.

Paul

Former Member
Many ways to get to the end result in Photoshop mate, like Sam said look through some YT tuts for guidance maybe use the one you uploaded and work from that showing us how you got to a certain point.
I usually go with liquify and smudge set at very short tolerances as not to totally mash up the pixels, other ways include adjustment layers
/curves adjustments to colour channels, blur tool you name it.