What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

glossy kidda photo effect

gautamz07

Power User
Hello guys ! how are you all doing ? :)

needed a small help , have a look at the picture below :

banner3.jpg

the above picture definitely looks photoshoped , can somebody tell me what kind of an effect that is ? i am sure this question has been asked a countless times , but still just wanted to ask .

Thank you.

gautam.

Paul

Former Member
What the masked blue layer over the mirrors edge that looks really funny, or the standard photo shoot image ?

gautamz07

Power User
@Paul ! you always have a amusing Dp LOL

coming back to my question , noo not the funny part . i mean , i am asking how is the women and the other objects in this picture given such a glossy look and feel , which also in a way make the image look grand .

gautamz07

Power User
Paul ! thats really bad of you to do that to hillary LOOL .

I think the first tutorial is kind of closer to what i want , the 2nd , not so much , i'll try the 1st one and see what i get . :D

Thanks.

Tom Mann

Guru
To be honest, other than some almost trivial PS adjustments (eg, increased saturation and darkening), IMHO, the major contribution to this image is good studio lighting. The photographer almost certainly used a fairly basic lighting setup for the woman, but he added to this by placing a few, small, highly directional lights (eg, with snoods or Fresnel lenses) to selectively brighten various areas of the scene. My guess is that these brighter spots of color may be what you are calling a "glossy" look. Also, in all probability, he used a studio that was painted black to suppress stray light bouncing around the studio and lower the contrast on the images he photographed.

Tom M