What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A little trouble with editing a Mockup!

inktree

Hi all...
Was hoping someone could give me a step by step for editing the 'wooden' logo in this mockup.

http://graphicburger.com/cutout-wood-embossed-b-card-mockup/

I can do the 'business card' (pretty straight forward) but just can't get my head around the 'wooden cutout'.
Any pointers would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-06 at 09.28.05.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-06 at 09.28.05.png
    375.2 KB · Views: 14

MrToM

Guru
The 'MASK', (RIGHT HAND THUMBNAIL), on the very bottom locked layer is the one you need to edit.

Make sure that the 'MASK' is selected, it will show white 'corners' on the thumbnail, and then paint IN BLACK your logo, text, whatever.

After saving or closing, (and saving), the PSB file, the original PSD file will update as normal.

Regards.
MrToM.

PS...I just noticed that editing instructions are included in the layers panel....did you read them?

Last edited:

inktree

The 'MASK', (RIGHT HAND THUMBNAIL), on the very bottom locked layer is the one you need to edit.

Make sure that the 'MASK' is selected, it will show white 'corners' on the thumbnail, and then paint IN BLACK your logo, text, whatever.

After saving or closing, (and saving), the PSB file, the original PSD file will update as normal.

Regards.
MrToM.

PS...I just noticed that editing instructions are included in the layers panel....did you read them?

Thank you MrToM
The instruction within the file is not as much help as your reply... which got me a step further.
I can now add to it with a brush for example but cannot remove the existing graphic or resize/reposition the logo I am placing on the layer (as it says it is locked)?
A step by step would be lots of help.
Thanks for your time

MrToM

Guru
...I can now add to it with a brush for example but cannot remove the existing graphic or resize/reposition the logo I am placing on the layer (as it says it is locked)?...
1. The very first step in the instructions is to fill the mask with WHITE.
Alternatively you could delete the layer mask and create a new one....either way you'll have a completely WHITE layer MASK to start with.....removing the old graphics in the process.

The layer ABOVE the bottom layer is labeled "Replace Me" but you can just leave it turned off.

2. Create a NEW LAYER anywhere.....under the 'Replace Me' layer is fine.
3. Add your graphics or text to this layer in BLACK.
4. Position the graphics over the 'wood'.
5. Right Click the THUMBNAIL and select 'Select Pixels'.....this will create a marquee based on the graphics.

6. Then turn this layer OFF.
7. Select the BOTTOM layer MASK and fill the marquee with BLACK.

You should now have your graphics as a transparent 'hole' in the 'wood' layer.

8. Save the PSB file or Close it and choose YES when asked if you want to save it.....either way, save the file.

The original PSD file should now be updated with your new graphics.

The general idea here is that whatever graphics / text to be used must to be in BLACK on a WHITE background and as the MASK for the very bottom layer.

Regards.
MrToM.

inktree

Thank you so much MrToM... easy to follow instructions!
Sending good karma your way - have a good day.