What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

themluis

Hey guys I'm trying to make the background transparent in this image but that's not the problem, it's the color of the teeth of the image that get all ugly with black in between and losses much of the graphics I probably needs reconstruction but in that field of realism and shadows I not very good I always end up ruining the picture.

If someone with ability to do so would fix this image in a way that it would be smother or it would be noticeable the difference between each teeth, and make them all more noticeable and that are teeth even though this image is not be very realist because it's more of cartoon picture.

So resuming I would be great if someone reconstructed the teeth to be possible put the background transparent without looking ugly.

Thanks for any reply.

index.pngtra.png
And here is the one that has no background it is pretty sketchy so that's the main problem.

Last edited:
Use the magic wand, set the tolerance up around 15 or 20, click on the black and hit DELETE. That should remove ALL the black.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Go to SELECT > COLOR RANGE

Set your FUZZINESS to about 35 and select the white. Press ok.

You will get a selection, hit Cmd/Cntrl + J to copy the selection to it's own layer.

This will copy only the white. (I have placed it on a gray BG so you can see it)

Screen Shot 2015-07-07 at 8.28.26 PM.png

Your copy will be a little aliased but no black or missing teeth.

You can download much larger versions of this image by doing a Googie image search.

MrToM

Guru
...I fail to see how that result is any different...
When I try both methods this is what I get...

teeth_method_comp_MT_01.jpg

Is that clearer?

You only specified one of the four parameters for the tool you used so you may have had better results. If the OP followed your instructions as I did then its likely they got the same results as I did.

Regards.
MrToM.

Tom Mann

Guru
To be honest, I really don't understand the OP's request. After re-reading it a bunch of times, my interpretation is that he probably wants to be able to take his second image (ie, the one with the dots and broken line segments) and have some magic software connect the dots to get the shapes of the teeth. However, that doesn't seem to be what everyone else has been talking about.

Thoughts?

Tom M

If you use the magic wand tool on a B/W image, and set the tolerance high enough (and check/uncheck contigusous as needed), there should be no black remaining.