What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

saving raw/nef after edition

Ninanoki

i want to open raw/nef photo in imagej and perform some color analysis so i need best quality possible. before I do that i need to open raw/nef in photoshop and adjust the curves to match some color, then save it. i open it with ProPhotoRGB, 16 bits. what is the best way not to loose quality or loose as low as possible during that process? should I save it as raw/nef once again or tiff?
q5.jpg

TonyCooper

You open a RAW file, make whatever adjustments you want to make, and then click "Open Image". That opens the file in Photoshop
and you proceed from there making any adjustments in the Photoshop file you want to. That file is saved using whatever format you
choose: .psd, .tiff, jpg, etc.

If you re-open the RAW file, you can make changes in the settings or use the settings you set in the first place. There is no deterioration
or loss by doing this. The RAW file remains a RAW file....a .nef file because it was created using a Nikon camera. You cannot save the
RAW file in any other format.