What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to have light emanating from my body

Richard Clare

I would like to do an effect where the only light source in an image is emanating from a subject. I have tried using the lighting effects filter but it tends to put the area surrounding the light in darkness, I don't want that I just want it to seem like all the light in the image is coming from the subject. Or that there is clearly a second light source coming from that person. It's for a project with a character whose body is a source of natural light. If anyone else has any suggestions to achieve a similar effect I'd like to know.

Rich

MrToM

Guru
Can you post an example of what you want to do and the image you have to work with?

It could be a simple process or extremely difficult...if its even possible at all.

Having something to reference to and the actual image you are using will help determine a better solution for you.....if one exists.

Regards.
MrToM.

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
I couldn't have said it better, myself, MrToM! ...and you beat me by 4 minutes at saying it!

Cheers,

Tom M

PS - This is a really interesting question, Richard Clare . I don't think I've ever seen this question asked before on this forum. More than one example would be even better. They can be from the fields of photography, graphic art, painting, maybe religious art, sci fi art ... anything. Google away and post a bunch of links, pls.

Richard Clare

DSC_8430.jpgJohn_Doe_evolve.jpghalo-jesus.jpgThe photo of me at the desk is one of the ones I'm working with, the other two are inspirational pictures. So there are two parts, the glowing suit and the halo. If I could have something like the Star Trek picture it would be cool.

Attachments

• DSC_8430.jpg
    DSC_8430.jpg
    340 KB · Views: 4

Tom Mann

Guru
@Richard Clare - I've really got to say that you've got my curiosity maxed out, LOL. ... If you wouldn't mind sharing, may I ask how you intend to use images of the glowing you? Sci-fi, pure unabashed fun, an art event, or something else.

Tom M

Last edited:

Richard Clare

This is what I ended up with. I eventually found a technique that worked well for me. I selecte the area of the suit, then duplicated the layer and changed blending mode to "screen", I then repeated this if I had to. I then used a lighting effect filter, and put a point light on my chest. I then just used a radial gradient for the halo. This image doesn't quite look right because the area around is a bit too dark, I also changed it a bit to make it look more cinematic. IamSam what did you do? To answer your question Tom, it is for a comedy performance where I tell my life story to becoming "Lightman" through photographs.workingincinema.jpg