What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Stitching Style Help Needed Please

DA3411

Hey everybody, brand new to here, but it looks great. I used to have this great Photoshop Style, I forget the name, it was a very simple style that allowed me to create a threaded stitching effect. It was several years ago and that Mac has long since died. I can't find it anywhere.

I allowed me to create files such as this quite simply...

Have a look at these photos...

AS02.jpgAS01.jpgAS03.jpgAS04.jpg You will probably need to click on the images to see the stitch detail.

My ultimate goal is is to make the following Logo I made in Illustrator look stitched like it was on the back of a Sports Jersey... If anyone can suggest something I would be so, so, so appreciative!!!

Here is the Logo I am working on now in it's Vector Form... TeammatesLogo.jpg, I hope these file are clickable so yu can see detail!... Again I would appreciate any help and/or suggestions!

Cheers and thanks for reading.

David

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello David and welcome to PSG.

Some quick questions, are you trying to make the "TEAMMATE" text look like your examples?

When you say stitched, do you mean stitched on like a patch? Or embroidered?

The way you have the letters designed, you have a simulated jersey texture filled within the letters....

Screen Shot 2015-07-27 at 9.46.56 AM.png

Do you just want the edges of the letters to be stitched? Or embroidered?

DA3411

Thank you for the response! Well, what I did was create the "jersey" pattern ovals in Illustrator and they are on a separate Layer. Actually everything is on layers. Very neat and orderly. I guess what I am looking for is the have the outer black look like thread, then the inner grey look like more thread, then the inner black the same, while then applying a "fabric feel" to the inner green. Here are my AI Layers, and file in AI before Export to PS.

Illustrator.jpg

Does that make sense?

I appreciate you writing me. I am glad I joined this board!

David

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I guess what I am looking for is the have the outer black look like thread, then the inner grey look like more thread, then the inner black the same,
OK, do you want the thread to look like the faux thread as in your examples shown above or more like real stitching or embroidery?

DA3411

Hi Sam,

I appreciate you writing... Yes, I want it to look like "real" stitching and embroidery, yes Sir! That is what i'd like to do...

Thank You!

David

DA3411

To give you a visual, please look at these images... This is the "feel" I am trying to achieve. Again, thanks for your time!

David

CIcUuiIUYAALf5h.jpg stitchingexample.jpg

And again, here is my Illustrator file before bringing into PS...

Screen Shot 2015-07-27 at 3.20.52 PM.jpg