What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help pasting text, but keeping multiple font format

libertinex

I want to past text into a text box, but keep the format of the text that was originally there (different fonts for each line of text).

An example of what I am trying to achieve:

Untitled-3.jpg

So The text is one text box with a different font for each line of text. I want to be able to paste another load of lines of text over the top, but keep the individual fonts for each line of text?

Hope that makes sense!

MrToM

Guru
I don't think you can do that.

As PS handles its own fonts it will always use the current font for any text pasted into a document.

To get the effect you want you'll first have to make sure that all fonts are available to PS and then after pasting select each row of text and change the font from the PS font dropdown list.

I've never know text to be 'formatted' when copied, not when it comes to fonts anyways.

There are ways with Indesign that came with CS2 but you didn't say what OS or PS version you are using..so....?

Regards.
MrToM.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
As MrT has pointed out, I don't think you can do that in the manner in which you have it set up on one layer. You could have created the lines of text on their own layers, then you could have used smart objects. I will have to experiment.

MrToM

Guru
I've just had a go and found you can do this...

Using Open Office I can open an .rtf file, or create a new file and export it to a .pdf file.

I can then use 'Place Embedded' from within PS to bring in the formatted text as a Smart Object.

It does get rasterised though so its not editable as 'text' once placed but still....its a start.
You can always edit the text back in Open Office and repeat the process.

Regards.
MrToM.

Last edited: