What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating a Portfolio

ElizabethM

What are designs classfied to make a good portfolio when you're starting on in the Photoshop field?

I've gone through Behanced and that site just puts me in awe at everybody's talented creations. I really want to be able to upload somethings there too but would I put my own creations? Jobs I've done for people or... An unknown catergory I haven't thought of?

I'm leaning towards the field of photo retouching and slight manipulation (I've progressed the most there lately) and another question would be: If i just get a free stock photo on the internet and retouch the image, is that something I could post in a portfolio or do I have to seek the approval of the owner? :D

ElizabethM

Thanks for the tips Chris! Isn't Behance just breathtaking? There was a girl who posted a SELF-MADE version of the entire Harry Potter books for some final exam design project. It glowed in the dark and had pop-out arts and everything. I would pay good money for a book like that, no lie. Hahaha

So basically whatever I do right now as practise that I think is good enough to show, post. If it happens to be somebody elses image just credit like you gave me an example off? Cool! To the editing room I go~