What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Genre name of this kind of art?

Ekmeh

Hey there fella's (and ladies)

I once got this image from Deviantart or something and I really liked it and made a signature out of it. Though, that was quite awhile ago and I kinda f'd it up because I selected my outlining with it which I later removed which left some transparent lining between the image and the outlining of the font. Anyway, I didn't even see it back then but later I did and now I can't find the image that I used anymore! =(

So yeah, here it is;

6uBS8P2.png

So what I'm looking for is how I can find similar images as you can see in the letters. Kind of a drawn style but really busy with all kinds of things in it, quite alot of colors and just weird stuff :p

Would be cool if anyone knows the name of this kind of art! Also, if anyone by any chance has the full image I used for this one it'd also be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Name of the font would also be cool, haha.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul

Former Member
Need the image posting mate, i don't like 'links' as do many others here.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The name of this Font is FOO which I found using Paul's link.

Create your text. Any color is fine, white will help you see the stroke........
Screen Shot 2015-08-02 at 6.06.39 PM.png

Add a stroke using a layer style.....
Screen Shot 2015-08-02 at 6.06.51 PM.png

Add the image you would like to appear within the text in a new layer above the text layer....
Screen Shot 2015-08-02 at 6.07.27 PM.png

Right click the image layer and choose "create clipping mask".
Screen Shot 2015-08-02 at 6.07.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-08-02 at 6.12.39 PM.png

Ekmeh

The name of this Font is FOO which I found using Paul's link.

Create your text. Any color is fine, white will help you see the stroke........
View attachment 57586

Add a stroke using a layer style.....
View attachment 57587

Add the image you would like to appear within the text in a new layer above the text layer....
View attachment 57588

Right click the image layer and choose "create clipping mask".
View attachment 57589

View attachment 57590

Wow, I didn't even read this yet. Thanks both of you for helping me out here. Thing is, I'm the one who created the signature so I knew what font it was but I didn't know how to find more images like that. Anyway, don't need it anymore now a year later but still thanks for the input!

Rich54

Guru
The artwork in your lettering reminds me of graffiti. Try a Google image search on that and see if anything looks interesting.

Edit: I just noticed this post is nearly a year old. Never mind...

Last edited: