What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with color change for a newbie!

Melyeti

Hi there!

I have just started using Photoshop for my job, butI am still struggling with a few things that are I am sure super easy for therest of you… J

So I have this psd file of an illuminated Christmasbow – but the bow is red and I need it to be gold/yellow instead.

I want to keep the texture of the bow as well asall the little illuminated lights it has on it, but I am struggling! I triedcreating a new mask, changing the blending mode to color and then painting overit with the gold color but it looks te-rri-ble. Either the color doesn’t comeout right, of the texture is completely gone, and there is still a red haloaround it.

Can somebody help me out? Would be greatlyappreciated! J

Mel

Attachments

• Bow.psd
    4.5 MB · Views: 1
Did you try using a hue/saturation adjustment layer and simply moving the hue slider?

Tom M

PS - If the above technique gives you the new color that you want, but there are unintended changes in other areas of your image, then mask the hue/sat adjustment layer using the mask you have already developed.

Back