What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help!!!! Need to catch this robber!

cloud35

Hello everyone,

I am begging for your help in catching the scumbag who robbed my mom this weekend. He came up behind her and snatched her purse, knocking her over and dragging her along the sidewalk. I have some footage of the guy but no skills in video editing or photoshop. I know there are still good people in this world and hoping some of you are here and can help. The DVR I received the footage from records videos in large blocks so the file is kind of large and is uploaded onto my google drive. If you look at the upper left hand corner of the video at the time stamp, the scumbag will appear into frame at approximately 19:40:20 and is wearing a grey striped collared shirt with a white rag on his head. His complexion is very dark and we can't make out many facial features so I'm hoping someone here can help with that.

Here is the video:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5n7HqvmCfdlWkl0b1l6aHA4bUE/view?usp=drive_web

Thank you in advance for all of your help!

This is the person who appears at 19:40 and walks towards the camera.

Is this the guy? He does not have a white rag on his head.
Screen Shot 2015-08-05 at 12.11.01 PM.png

Since Photoshop is not capable of the popular TV CSI magic photo reconstruction, and there is simply no information to work with from the original, all I can do for you is inform you that I don't recognize this person.

You might try having the video footage played on your local news networks to see if some of the citizens from that area can identify him.

Sorry.

This is the person who appears at 19:40 and walks towards the camera.

Is this the guy? He does not have a white rag on his head.
View attachment 57665

Since Photoshop is not capable of the popular TV CSI magic photo reconstruction, and there is simply no information to work with from the original, all I can do for you is inform you that I don't recognize this person.

You might try having the video footage played on your local news networks to see if some of the citizens from that area can identify him.

Sorry.

Thank you for taking the time to look at it. No, that is not the guy. The guy is pictured at 19:40 according to the time stamp in the upper left hand corner of the video or scroll to 2:16:18 on the video player. Thanks again. Any help is appreciated!

Sorry for the confusion, I was going by the time stamp of the video itself.

My comments from my previous post still apply to this fellow, sorry.

Screen Shot 2015-08-05 at 12.50.46 PM.png

Yea I was hoping someone was able to help and that this was a long shot but any shot is one worth taking. Thanks again!

Ditto what Sam said. Sorry. See the attached / zipped mp4 file. It is trimmed to include only the period of time when the perp is closest to the camera, as well as cropped and brightened, but unfortunately, there just isn't enough data in the dark areas to extract anything useful.

FWIW, I just went through exactly the same problem trying to help one of our local firehouses figure out who was breaking into the cars of the personnel when they went on a call. Since the perp came back frequently, we set up some bait and a much better camera and nailed the guy the first time he came back. Unfortunately, I suspect you have that option. However, why don't you take around a clip that also shows the guy riding his bike to local businesses and see if anyone can ID him from the combination of his dress, manner/gait, and his bicycle.

Again, sorry about what happened to your mother. I hope she is ok and not too traumatized.

Sincerely,

Tom M

Attachments

• Video_2015-08-05_130716-ps03b_cropped_trimmed.mp4.zip
    5 MB · Views: 7
Thanks for your well wishes. My mom is a bit scraped up but otherwise she's fine. She's just a bit paranoid since the scumbag made off with her ID too and now has our address. I've already made a poster from a screenshot and handed it out to surrounding businesses but with his dark complexion, its hard for them to identify him. I know you guys don't know me but truly, thank you guys for your help. I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart.

You are quite welcome. Also, since he now has her IDs, don't forget to inform credit card companies, banks, Social Security Administration (if you are here in the USA), etc., and ask them to be on the lookout for possible fraud, change all her passwords, and even the locks on the house if he took her purse with keys in it. A good friend of mine had his retirement funds drained by someone who assumed his identity with much less info than that.

Tell her that people she doesn't even know wish her the best.

Cheers,

Tom M

He goes by on a bike at 19:29...you can't see his face as good but it's the same dude. That tells me he's probably local. This time of day he could be on his way to/from work or school. I'd check the area again around the same time and day of the week for the guy or his bike. If this person has a schedule or a routine who knows you might get lucky. I'd also check any bike racks or bikes you pass on the street. The bike itself is pretty distinct so that's where I'd start.

P1_zpshbbxie62.jpg

P2_zpsodltt3xj.jpg

P3_zpsfklt3edg.jpg

Back