What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hair Color Change Problem (Blonde --> Silver/white?)

jamescharless

I recently did a photoshoot with my friend. She has blonde hair but to go along with the theme of the photo, I really want to change her hair color to a white-silvery color. I've been on photoshop for 3 hours now trying to change it but no matter how many different things I've tried it always ends up either purple, dark gray, or has a yellow haze around it. I also am having a problem turning the stray hairs silver and white, for some reason my photoshop simply won't change them. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, like I said i've been working at this for hours now and refine edge just is not helping me at all.

IMG_0721smaller.jpgUntitled-1.jpg

On the left is the picture I'm editing and on the right is the color that I was going for. If possible, maybe even a tiny bit more purple. If anyone is willing to help that would be SO awesome. Thank you!!

If you want to learn how to do this please post your image, that we can see what you've done so far.

IMG_0721smaller chrisdesign detail hair.jpg