What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Create Pinstriped Text??? (Line within font, centered throughout each letter)

7thshield

Hi guys,

I'm trying to create something like this.
logo.png

Where the font has a line right in the middle of it. I can't figure out, using "stroke" doesn't create an effect like this. If anyone could post general steps to accomplishing this, that would be outstanding.

Thank you,

Blake

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-12 at 8.36.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-12 at 8.36.13 PM.png
    64.6 KB · Views: 21

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Re: How to Create Pinstriped Text??? (Line within font, centered throughout each lett

I think I remember a tutorial by IamSam on this somewhere around here.....

Rich54

Guru
Re: How to Create Pinstriped Text??? (Line within font, centered throughout each lett

I don't have PS in front of me at the moment, so I'm just thinking out loud and wondering if this might work: What if you typed any normal text with a solid fill and made a selection of that text. Then, on a new layer, modify the selection by contracting it the appropriate amount of pixels to achieve the pinstripe look. Then fill that new selection with white (or whatever). Does that work?

MrToM

Guru

Despite the good suggestions so far your question is open to interpretation as to what exactly you are trying to do.

1. The thread title says "Line within font"...
This reads that you want to overlay a thin line of a certain colour over existing text.

2. "...using "stroke" doesn't create an effect like this"...
Well, yes it does....thats exactly what a stroke is.
What you neglect to say though is why this isn't working for you...there is more than one way to use a stroke....maybe a different technique would actually work?

3. Why not just find a font similar to your example?

4. The example could be made in one of three ways:

A. The font is a transparent outlined font and we can see the BG through it...giving the illusion of a 'line'.
B. The text has colour and the 'line' is on top of it as a separate layer.
C. The text is the same colour as the BG and is stroked...in this case, pink.

If you can be more precise with exactly what it is you have, what you want, why what you've already tried doesn't work for you....etc etc...then maybe we can help.

regards.
MrToM.