What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shirt design question

chrisjames105

So I have the opportunity to design some shirts for a few different fitness channels on youtube and I needed to ask the Gurus! Is there a certain size document I should be starting with and also resolution? Im not educated at all on the topic and I want to avoid sending them a project and if they go to resize it or something they run into quality problems...

The designs will only be for the chest part of the shirt not the entire shirt.
Thanks for any help!

MrToM

Guru
In a nut-shell always work with the largest document you can....especially if starting from scratch, but try to keep the ratio the same as the final output size.

You'll be limited by your system or resources you use but generally making anything bigger is a no-no, smaller is fine.

If the final image is for web use only then you can forget all about resolution.

Make the image larger than they will ever need....then if they decide to make it smaller it will still look ok.

Regards.
MrToM.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Just to add.... also take into consideration the production process you or your client have selected to do..... will it be heat transfer or silkscreen process. No point to create a full-spectrum color design if the process involves screen printing.