What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tom Mann

Guru
A friend asked if I knew what cell phone app or web-based editing program was used to give the waxy, crayon-like, almost cartoonish appearance to the attached image. I'm not talking about the shallow DOF, the green from the Hg vapor lights in the ceiling, the general blur, or any of the other myriad factors visible in the image, but specifically the crayon-like look that's especially visible in the two horizontal bars of red reflective tape at bottom of the screen.

I said that I'm sure I could come close in PS, but this guy has zero interest in PS, but wants to be able to do it himself. The worst part is that at some point, I think I might have even played with the software myself, but just can't remember what it was. I'm quite sure it wasn't a PS plugin or action.

Unfortunately, the fellow who did it is no longer around.

Ring any bells, anyone?

Tom M

PS - Yeah, I know this is a bit of a strange request coming from me, but the world sometimes turns in strange ways, LOL.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 2

Tom Mann

Guru
Re: Anyone recognize the smartphone app to give this waxy, almost cartoon-like effect

BTW, I do realize that the reflective tape on the coat has a shiny surface, but, to my eye, beyond that, there is a similarity with the red colors on the fire engine - - they both look unusually uniform, almost as if poured on. Or, put in PS terms, I would likely try to simply fill these areas with a red color at some tens of percent opacity -- but the real question is what app or what web-based imaging software offers an effect like this.

T