What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

color tools

pslane

Quick question: What can be the problem when the color tools don't work? I've already checked to see if it's in a color mode and it set on RGB and 8 bits. I've tried Color Balance and Hue and Saturation with no luck and they are rasterized.

Thanks
pslane

Tom Mann

Guru
If you post a PSD file that exhibits this problem, it will be a lot easier for us to help you. The file doesn't have to be large (in pixel dimensions) or complicated (eg, in number of layers) -- in fact, the simpler the better.

Tom M

pslane

Nope, not text,
Did you just take a picture of me?

Here's the file. I'm not sure if I uploaded this right.

Attachments

• oct4.psd
    5.2 MB · Views: 3

pslane

Well, heck. I just went back this am after closing the program last night and it's decided to colorize now. :question: :question: Must have been that doggone ghost. :eek:

Thanks for the replies.

gedstar

Guru
Glad you got sorted, psd works fine for me FYI
Them dam pesky ghost :shocked:always causing problems

MrToM

Guru
Sounds like you've fixed it now but sometimes a rouge 'marquee' can be the problem.

Many a time I've tried to do something only to have absolutely nothing happen.....then I find a marquee somewhere off screen out of view.....easily done if you've zoomed in.

As you know, with an active marquee nothing can be edited outside of it.

It may be that this was the case here, and closing and re-opening the file cleared the marquee allowing for editing over the whole canvas.

Just a thought for the next time nothing happens.

Regards.
MrToM.

Tom Mann

Guru
MrToM - good suggestion & love the phrase you coined, "rogue marquees"! The only problem is that now, I can't get the image of bands of rogue marquises roaming the streets terrorizing the populace out of my head. :)

Tom M