What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rookie mistake... :/

360STL

Hey guys, hope all is well!

I've used PS since PS4 probably, but sadly, spent 10+yrs away to focus on the server/security side of the internet... Anyway, I created this logo for one of my hobby businesses, and before I saved the original layered, psd file, I flattened it and never went back to it, so I lost all of the layer info, etc etc...

I've got most of it recreated to a suitable image, but I can't get the colors right in the gradient on the "Fogzilla" name... Now I have to get posters and a couple of banners done, this week, and can't get it right... :(
Loops_3_911_png.png
Can someone give me a hand with recreating this pls? I would be very grateful!

Thanx in advance!

Last edited:

MrToM

Guru
Add a 'Gradient Overlay' fx to the text layer.

Have the original image open as well so you can colour pick from it when you create the gradient.

Regards.
MrToM.

360STL

Thanks Tom! I've tried this, and many other things, but there's sooooo much going on in there, I can't get it right... It has inner glows, or inside highlight, whtvr, Any other ideas/suggestions?

Hell, I'd pay for someone to remake it at this point... ;/ i'm so frustrated at this point, it's not even funny...

Thanx again!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello 360STL and welcome to the forum.

You have the option of hiring a qualified PSG member/freelancer for this project, one can be assured that time and attention will be put into doing this and you are assured of quality results.

If this option interests you, take a look at our freelance pay for service area ... https://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum...rvice-section/

Take a look at our Instructions for posting a freelance job. https://www.photoshopgurus.com/foru...-posting-freelance-job-please-read-first.html

You can start a new thread in the freelance forum or we can move this one. Let us know.

Last edited:

MrToM

Guru
...but there's sooooo much going on in there...
Well its not that bad.....a texture map and 3 fx thats all.

Start with the text.
Clip the texture map to the text.
Add these fx:

Stroke.
Bevel and Emboss.
Gradient Overlay.

You'll have to play around with the individual settings for each fx but thats nothing less than anyone else would do.

Its virtually impossible to know exactly what was used and the settings so its very much trial and error.

How you layer it is up to you....I doubt you'll get it as one single 'Style' because of the texture map but you may get lucky with a 'Pattern Overlay' to work as an alternative....depends how close to the original you intend to get.

Regards.
MrToM.

360STL

Thanks a bunch, both of you... And Tom, I'll give that a shot in the morning man, thank you very much! I knew there was an easy way of doing this...

Have a great evening guys!

MrToM

Guru
No worries...

This was about the closest I could get without spending too much time on it...

fogzilla_MT_02.jpg

Everything is pretty much there, its just the texture that needs attention as getting that exactly as the original is going to be difficult if at all possible.

I used the 'Texturizer' filter set to 'Sandstone' and on a Grey layer....blending mode = Overlay....it seemed the closest 'built in' texture.
I made this a smart object just so re-sizing wouldn't be an issue...then masked it using the Text layer as the base.

The Layers:

Panel_MT_01.png

The 'Bevel Reinforcement' is just that....a duplicate of the Text layer with all but 'Bevel and Emboss' removed.....FILL set to zero. It just reinforces the bevel effect as its not really that strong.

Regards.
MrToM.

Last edited:

360STL

Sorry for the delay,MrTom, and thanx a TON for going the extra mile on that, and of course for the assistance as a whole! I'll be knocking these posters out here this evening and hopefully this will make short work for me...

I really appreciate it!!!

MrToM

Guru
No worries.

If any of that brings you to a grinding halt....just ask.

Regards.
MrTom.