What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with this logo badge please?

goreisking

Hi all,

Can anyone please help me with this badge please?

I need the badge to look exactly as it is but the lines must all be neat and tidy.

I think one of the illustrator experts can do it...

I have attached the logo separate. The Swade font is Perpetua.

Thank You

Attachments

• Swade Badge.psd
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
  • Swade Logo.jpg
    Swade Logo.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 3

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello,

We don't mind requests for edits and we have members here who may be willing to help you. Our forum is a discussion and training forum, we leave the decision of carrying out free edits to the discretion of our members.

Please note that our members are comprised of people located in many countries that have different time zones. Please be patient as it may take awhile for our interested members to see your request and reply.

gedstar

Guru
Only learning Illustrator so this is not perfect but are you looking for something like this

Crest.jpg

Just working on this, got the badge to look the same. Will finish the rest in a little while

crest1.jpg

OK how's this

crest2.jpg

Another version changed the color of the white to match the color of the text in the original and reduced the stroke a little

crest-copy.jpg

Last edited:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
aduiiiii....... LOL.... waste not, want not.....

I'm uncertain of the inner shield line point sizes or whether the base and top lines at the areas shown are two off-white lines (4 in total) as your sample is blurry at that and certain key areas. Is my color selection to your liking?

Unfortunately, I can only finish this much later as I'm going out in a bit.

Gedstar's work looks good and you may prefer it. Perhaps he can complete it for you.

Sheild lines.jpg

gedstar

Guru
Made this one in CorelDraw X3 and exported as a .png file.

By the way, good job Ged.

Thanks Eggy, Illustrators a bit of a mind field at the moment so I surprised myself when I was able to replicate the original :cheesygrin:
You done a great job too :thumbsup:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I started using CorelDraw in prehistoric times with CorelDraw 3. (On 3,5 inch disks!)

But still nice to combine with PS so for me no need for Illustrator.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
dv8_fx

Yep, I know, but in the time I made some stuff and I didn't had PS, I used to export the file in png for people without Corel or PS.

Sometimes it is difficult to break of a habit.:cheesygrin:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
@dv8_fx

Yep, I know, but in the time I made some stuff and I didn't had PS, I used to export the file in png for people without Corel or PS.

Sometimes it is difficult to break of a habit.:cheesygrin:

It was asked if any of the Illustrator people here could do it so I assume an AI may be what the OP needs.

Here's my take based on the psd with a few tweaks.... Also done in Corel Draw (X5).... cheaters aren't we..... :devilish: :cheesygrin:.

SwadeSheild.png

Ahhhh, memories.... It may have taken 1 minute for a small corel work file like this to open in CD3 on the strongest Mac of the day back then..... lol.

gedstar

Guru
Looks like a few 'Black' issues going on there lads!

Anyway, couldn't let you have all the fun so here it is done in pure PS...

Regards.
MrToM.

Ah Jesus MrToM you always have to come along and spoil the party :biglaff:and there was I struggling for ages to do this in AI :rofl:
Nice job though :thumbsup:

MrToM

Guru
Ah Jesus MrToM you always have to come along and spoil the party and there was I struggling for ages to do this in AI...
Thanks, and Sorry.....but what I know about Illustrator you could write on the back of a stamp......twice!

Paths in PS are just easier for me....and as it ultimately gets rasterized whatever application you use it really boils down to personal preference as to what software is used.

You can still export an AI file from PS if its needed so I took the easy option.

I guess I was just bored if I'm honest. :rofl:

Good to see so many variations on different software too....nice one everyone! :thumbsup:

Regards.
MrToM.

gedstar

Guru
"but what I know about Illustrator you could write on the back of a stamp......twice!"
Me to, just decided to give it a bash
P.S. no sorry necessary I was only taking the piss :cheesygrin: but don't do it again or I'll have to come over there and buy you a pint :rofl:

MrToM

Guru
Sorry, Sorry, Sorry, Sorry, Sorry, Sorry, Sorry, Srry, Slorry, Slory, Shorry, Shooorrry, Slry, Sry......

Somebody is getting their mucking furds wuddled!

I need a KEBAB!

rEgrads.
MishtaMishtaM.O.T.

Last edited:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Thanks, and Sorry.....but what I know about Illustrator you could write on the back of a stamp......twice!

Paths in PS are just easier for me....and as it ultimately gets rasterized whatever application you use it really boils down to personal preference as to what software is used.

You can still export an AI file from PS if its needed so I took the easy option.

I guess I was just bored if I'm honest. :rofl:

Good to see so many variations on different software too....nice one everyone! :thumbsup:

Regards.
MrToM.

Don't tempt me, MrPenguin.... lol

or I'll create a 3d model version.....

Talk about extremes..... lol