What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recreating logo lettering

Astroida

Haven't posted in a while. Im looking for a way to recreate lettering in the logo of late night show with David Letterman. Any help is appreciated. image is in attachment. I have problems with leaving top part of letters in a same height, while bending bottom part.
late_show_logo.jpg

Last edited:

SPWA

Power User
You would get a much better result if you tried to draw your own. Have a play with the pen tool, it's really not that scary.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This is kind of hard to do in Photoshop. Illustrator would be a better choice for this effect.

Here, I just created the text, duplicated, and rastorized type and layer style. Then I used guidelines and the morph feature in Free Transform to make the curvature.

Screen Shot 2015-09-21 at 4.44.10 PM.png

Not perfect but close.

SCTRWD

Power User
Create your text, turn it to Smart Object and apply warp transform with Arc Lower Preset.
Later you can switch to Custom warp mode and tweak it manually.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Create your text, turn it to Smart Object and apply warp transform with Arc Lower Preset.
Later you can switch to Custom warp mode and tweak it manually.

Thanks SCTRWD, I had tried this without the smart object and it did not work well. Using the smart object, it worked much better.
Screen Shot 2015-09-22 at 11.29.07 AM.png