What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dry Brush Stroke Help

Nick Wilson

Hey,
I am designing a logo for a band and am looking for a way to get a semi-realistic looking brush stroke effect.

I have the paths made for where I would like the strokes to go, but have not found a satisfactory method of creating the actual strokes.
To be clear I have downloaded photoshop brushes that have the texture I am looking for, but when I draw on a tablet using them, or apply them to a path, they really just get smeared and lose a lot of the texturing I need for this.

The text from the game Okami is a great example of the sort of effect I am looking for.
17432-okami_30022_20080501194404.jpg
Here is the band's previous logo (with the sort of brush stroke effect they are looking for):
11993060_10204913307774930_1884063840_o.jpg

In other words, is there any way to stretch/distort a single brush image such as this (but along set paths):
4.png
Thanks in advance for the help!