What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yes, another color management issue..

That's absolutely fantastic, J-Photo!!! I'm glad to have been able to help you with this problem. Just to bring this issue to a close, my guess is that probably only 10% or less of the loss of sharpness that you saw in the example you posted was due to setting the resize percentage to something other than 100%, and the remaining 90% was probably due to Windows PhotoViewer trying to fill the screen or use some magnification other than 1:1 when it displayed the JPG.

So, at this point, you are probably wondering how to get your images to comply with the pixel dimension limitations of your website. To be honest, I always do all my resizing manually, carefully checking afterwards for any problems by opening up the new file in PS (as suggested above), not any other file viewer. You might want to consider doing the same.

One final point: IMHO, your PSD is quite severely over-sharpened for screen viewing and even printing on glossy paper. The sharpening you used probably is acceptable for printing on matte papers or canvas, but even then, I would reduce the percent sharpening and increase the sharpening radius to around 2 or 3 pixels to compensate for the loss of sharpness when printing on canvas. Just my $0.02.

Please don't hesitate to drop back in if you have any other questions, talk photography, or just want to chat and show off your work - - we would love to see it in our Graphics Showcase forum. If you are worried about image theft by posting it anywhere other than your own website, just watermark it.

Best regards,

Tom M

Last edited:

Back