What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Perhaps someone can remind me how I got this effect

Publiferv

cups 02-bare.png
I think it used vector masks, but I can't remember for sure.

I Don't really have any more information, so if you need more I guess I'm out of luck.

Tom Mann

Guru
There are LOTS of different aspects to this image that one might call "effects". Is it the colors and brightness of the image, the relatively thick black lines, the tattered and faded areas, etc.? The only way we will know what you mean is if you can send us a copy of the image before the effect was applied. This looks like it is old and was originally hand drawn, so, "the original" might actually be the raw scan of an item that is hundreds of years old. If so, that's what we need to see to tell how it has been modified.

Tom M

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This would be the original Tom.

rider-Waite_2_cups_large.jpg

The stressing is only a color layer, a layer mask on the Tarot card and a brush.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It may be slightly more involved, but this is the jest..........

Screen Shot 2015-10-27 at 1.43.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-10-27 at 1.44.31 AM.png

Publiferv

OK I figured this out, in case you were interested.
There were two layers.
The first was the one IamSam posted.
I found the other one in the trash can:
yyyaaaworn LLLLL22222 - Copy - Copy - Copy.png
I paste this over the regular layer with the drawing, Normal setting, then use teh magic wand and delete portions of the top image. Tolerance around 20, but change according to taste. Simple as that. It only took me 10 days hah.
Here is another i did in the same way
c02-new.png