What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tutorial Help for Sports Image

peedee43

Hey everyone!

I've been a member on here for a while but this is my first post seeking some help. Hopefully this is the right area to do so.

I'm working on a project and trying to achieve a similar result as the Tarasenko image below. I have a variety of splatter and paint brushes but I'm looking for some pointers on how to actually get from start to finish. Any insights dissecting the image would be great.

Cheers!

Pat

vladimir_tarasenko_darker_by_iankeller-d8r2kx9.jpg

Hey, great to have you finally join in the fun.

Choose your image.
Isolate your image from it's BG.
Screen Shot 2015-11-03 at 1.05.56 PM.png

Add a grunge BG.
Screen Shot 2015-11-03 at 1.06.47 PM.png

On the subjects layer, add a crosshatch filter.
You can also make any other adjustments you wish.
Screen Shot 2015-11-03 at 1.07.51 PM.png

The rest is about adding the grungy splatter brush BG.

...Hey, great to have you finally join in the fun...
:rofl:
You never know Sam....you may get a reply in 2019!

Just kidding.....

A nice quick 'n' dirty explanation.

Regards.
MrToM.

Thanks Sam! Good tips. Didn't like the cross-hatch filter so I applied a scratchy texture instead. Here's what I came up with, in 2015.

lunqvist_web.jpg

Great work!

Quick question...........what did you mean when you said, "Here's what I came up with, in 2015"?

Great work!

Quick question...........what did you mean when you said, "Here's what I came up with, in 2015"?

I think they mean "using Adobe Photoshop CC 2015" rather than "this is what I've done in the year 2015".

Just a guess.....probably wrong as usual.

Regards.
MrToM.

I think they mean "using Adobe Photoshop CC 2015" rather than "this is what I've done in the year 2015".

Just a guess.....probably wrong as usual.

Regards.
MrToM.
Yes, I suspected that was what they meant but thought I would check.

Just a poor joke. I couldn't wait until 2019 to respond like Tom suggested. That's all it was...

Back