What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help me with a WEDDING Design idea

I am a new member my friend is getting wed next month on December 26th. I want to surprise him with a design.
His Name: is Nura Jega his fiace's name is: Mardiya. please I want gurus in the haouse to help me with the design .the third picture is what I desgn for him.
thank you

Attachments

• IMG_9026 copy.jpg
    IMG_9026 copy.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9038 copy.jpg
    IMG_9038 copy.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 4
  • nurabrown.jpg
    nurabrown.jpg
    361.3 KB · Views: 2

Tom Mann

Guru
I'm not sure if you are looking for comments / constructive criticism on the 3rd image that you posted, or you want people to suggest new designs, but I'm going to assume it's the former. I have four comments:

1. The photography in the first two images is absolutely beautiful. The lighting, exposure, contrast, color balance, posing, etc. are all exactly what I would expect out of a good wedding photographer and would be nearly impossible to improve upon. However, the photographic part of the 3rd image (ie, your design) is *dreadfully* overexposed. There are large areas that are completely blown, ie, R=G=B=255. This does not look like an intentional creative decision (e.g., a high key look), but an error made by an amateur photographer / graphic designer.

2. I don't know about your culture, but certainly here in the USA, and I suspect in most European countries as well, one would never wish for "conjugal bliss" for the couple on an image that is likely to be seen publicly. That topic would be considered much too private of a matter. In addition, once that subject is mentioned so prominently, the immediate question is, what about the other aspects of married life that one could also wish for, e.g., health, happiness, good luck, money, etc. Here in the USA, if you really feel that it necessary to say something along these lines in text, I would simply say, "Good Luck", and not point out anything more specific. You should carefully consider who the intended audience is for your image. For example, will it be given only to the couple, or will it be given to everyone who attends the wedding or reception?

3. I don't know about the legal system in Nigeria, but here in the USA if someone used one of my photographs without my permission, and especially if they intentionally obscured my copyright or identifying notice (ie, "46ten Photography"), and even worse, essentially made it appear that I took an overexposed image, I would be furious, and if they didn't immediately remove their version from public view, I would get a lawyer to ensure that the did so, and sue for damages to my reputation and use of my copyrighted image. If you haven't already done so, I would make contact with the owner of the copyright (ie, the photographer) and discuss you using his image.

4. Finally, with respect to the graphic elements seen in the third image that you apparently added, IMHO, they are all too large. They cover up too much of the photograph. Other problems are that the final "s" in the text, "Conjugal Bliss" comes much too close to the groom's face, and the ampersand is touching the border of the curvy graphic element. There is plenty of empty space in the photograph to put graphics / text without being so intrusive. With respect to the curved shapes of some of the graphic elements, perhaps they have some meaning or history in your culture, but it is not clear to me why you selected these shapes.

I hope the above comments did not come across as being too harsh, but these are the issues I see in the third image that you posted.

Hope this helps,

Tom M

Tom

wow! this is exactly the kind of forum I will alwaiys like to register and visit. in response to your comment above.

1. I really appreciate your response and I assure you am not in anyway see it being too harsh(english is my secnd language so dnt mind my english.

2. I am new into PS jst 3 weeks when i started learning it I came across this forum jst last week via google. so my desgn are more or less of a beginer not even an amature.

3. conjugal bliss here in northern nigeria means "happy married life" Your comment on "conjugal bliss" made me to google out to find out that it is a disgusting phrase in the US. wow what a cultural barrier.
4. the photographer logo at the bottom of the picture is not anyway has to do with the (c) stuff here. the photograph did not even register with a goverment agency. he is not even aware of the copy right law. infact the pix is not copy righted.

5. please help me with the standard desgn and steps for me to learn.
thank you.
A. R Muhammad

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I will add that we are not here to enforce copyright. The decision of whether or not our members will help you will be left entirely to them.

Tom Mann

Guru
Sam is absolutely right that we have no interest in policing possible copyright infringement issues.

However, here is a bit of advice for your own protection: It is clear from your response on this subject that you didn't even bother to read the very first sentence in the link that Sam provided. It clearly states that in general, the copyright belongs to the person or company that took the photograph, so as I said in my earlier post, you should assume that the photographer owns the copyright to this photo and hasn't granted you the right to use it. I can't imagine how you possibly could have come to the conclusion that the photo isn't copyrighted. The only way would would know that in the USA is if the photographer explicitly told you that he released the copyright photo to either the couple or to the public.

Also, at least in the USA, copyright has nothing to do with the inclusion of the (c) symbol or registry of the item with the copyright office. To be safe, you should get information from authoratitive legal sources instead of relying on some general impression of copyright law in your country that you may have formed over the years.

Anyway, you have been warned, so let's move the discussion on to graphic design issues. Why don't you try a re-design based on the comments you have received, post the results, and we'll make comments on your next version.

Tom M

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@IamSam - That was a great summary of Nigerian copyright law. Thank you for finding and posting the link!
Not a problem. As you summarized, it's always best to know the actual laws than to make assumptions.

Ahmad - As there are literally thousands of texts, text effects, and graphic effects that are available or can be created with Photoshop, perhaps you should help us in helping you by choosing a particular effect that your are interested in creating. Then we can help you in making that effect.