What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My dad died

nikki1115

I know that the internet is not always the nicest place, but I'm really hoping there is someone out there that can help. I had a great relationship with my dad and am very lucky for the years I had with him before he passed away. However, my brother and father's relationship was always rocky at best. On June 28, 2015 my father had a stroke, and his entire demeanor changed. This change in personality allowed my brother and father to finally be able to talk. My dad wasn't so angry and his vulnerability from the stroke made it easier for my brother to open up to him. The few months my father and brother had after my dad's stroke were amazing for them. My brother visited him twice a week and would spend all day just hanging out with him. Unfortunately, my dad died on October 14th of a heart attack and it has been really rough on us all. I'm lucky to have a lot of pictures of my dad and I, but my brother doesn't really. This is a picture from my wedding and my dad is facing me. I have close to zero computer skills and don't know what all is possible. I was just wondering if someone could edit my mom and I out, and have my dad facing my brother. I'd like to be able to give the picture to my brother on Christmas (which is also my brother's birthday) so that he can have a picture of him and my dad, just the two of them. I really appreciate if anyone is able to help. Thank you.

Attachments

• 0094.JPG
    0094.JPG
    968.9 KB · Views: 12

gedstar

Guru
Hi Nikki

Is this something that your looking for, needs a bit of work. Not sure if maybe I cropped to much of the original

Done1.jpg

Finished now, hopefully this will do

Here's another, just added a white border

Done3.jpg

Last edited:

thebestcpu

Guru
Nice work by Gedstar!

Sorry to hear about your father Nikki yet great that your brother had a chance to get reacquainted with his dad. Not all can have that opportunity for peace with their parents.

I had finished this rendition up last night as yet did not post until this morning. Just another option with a background from freeimages.com with attribution to Justin Habmy for the background: http://www.freeimages.com/photo/chapel-of-the-ozarks-inside-1535234

John

Father-and-Son.jpg

Last edited:

nikki1115

John, thank you so much! I'm really so touched that you took the time to do this and it's absolutely amazing. I'm excited to be able to give my brother multiple pictures! It's truly a beautiful picture and with the different background it's a picture that is unique to just those two. I was nervous when posting this picture about people not being nice (I read 9gag and have seen what generally happens when people make a request) but it was my hope that at least one person would help, and I'm so lucky that two people have been so amazing. Agh, again thank you so much!