What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinions/Tips on my logo?

ashley1

I have been playing around with ps for a few hours and I sharpened this. I didn't know what I was doing so this was kind of an accident. I thought maybe I could use this for my logo but I need opinions or tips first. Thank you! : )

Untitled-5.png

Update/Edit: New and much better (imo) logo in need of opinions/tips. Thank you! : )

logoposs3png.png

Last edited:

Rich54

Guru
I like it... it's got personality. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the horizontal white glow across both words. I think that's intended to be a reflection, as if off a glossy surface, but nothing about the rest of the logo suggests glossiness to me. The logo suggests a hand-made, slightly grungy underground-comics feel, so to me, the white streak doesn't belong and is also not particularly convincing as a reflection (especially over the blue portions). I think I'd like the logo better without it.

Rich

Tom Mann

Guru
I'm sorry to be so negative, but if you want my honest opinion:

a) It's oversharpened. Notice the stair-step artifacts and missing segments on thin lines. IMHO, sharpening didn't help at all. If you want to add a grunge look, there are better ways to do it, eg, overlay with a grunge texture.

b) There are light gray smudges in the white background. I realize this is just a concept, but even for this purpose, since it's trivial to remove the smudges, leaving them there just makes it look very non-professional.

c) I find the white glows (especially in the blue areas) bizarre because they don't seem to represent anything in the real world like reflections. They make me think that some little clouds decided to descend on the artwork for the day, LOL.

d) IMHO, add the additional artifacts that will inevitably be introduced if this is printed or scaled for some other purpose, and it's just going to look sloppy.

Tom M

Last edited:

ashley1

Rich54 I think you're right. I couldn't get rid of the white glow. Thank you so much for your input! :)
Tom Mann Thanks for the criticism. I have done some editing and I have made some changes. I like this logo that I made way better as it looks (imo) good when small.

Here's the new one I made:

Large:

logoposs3png.png

Small:
logoposs3smallpng.png

Thoughts? Thank you :)

Attachments

• logoposs3.psd
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • logoposs3small.psd
    169.7 KB · Views: 0