What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cloning content in video and animation frames

inkpad.t

Guru
Hi there David and welcome,

Do you want advice on how to do it ?, Or asking some one to do it ?. Search you tube , plenty of tutorials on using the clone stamp tool, there are other options to consider, like the content aware tool, the spot healing tool and many other ways to remove an object from a photo.

Take a tour around YouTube, But i'm sure some here will be able to help you.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello David and welcome to PSG.

Do you have a question?

David Camilleri

Hi there David and welcome,

Do you want advice on how to do it ?, Or asking some one to do it ?. Search you tube , plenty of tutorials on using the clone stamp tool, there are other options to consider, like the content aware tool, the spot healing tool and many other ways to remove an object from a photo.

Take a tour around YouTube, But i'm sure some here will be able to help you.

The Clone Tool videos on Youtube are when one has a single photograph and not a VIDEO.

David Camilleri

Let me use Google to see if I can find anything.

Yep, I found these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlAxfyAoffY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRe1PCiLAuI

Thank you for the links you have provided. However they do not solve my problem.

As you can see in the below image, I want to hide the stone. I did it with the first frame. I want to copy and paste the altered frame throughout the whole video in order not to go frame by frame by removing the stone. How can it be done. I succeeded in doing it few days ago but forgot how to.

Thanks.

Altered Frame.jpg

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Thank you for the links you have provided. However they do not solve my problem.

As you can see in the below image, I want to hide the stone. I did it with the first frame. I want to copy and paste the altered frame throughout the whole video in order not to go frame by frame by removing the stone. How can it be done. I succeeded in doing it few days ago but forgot how to.

Thanks.

View attachment 61133

Before anything, did you do the clone work on a separate layer? If not, you have to re-do the clone work on a layer of its own. This makes creating layer duplicates easier. And touch it up as you're missing the lower sections of the wood slab. If this were a still image it would be OK but for a video, you have to keep the realism believable.

This is the work intensive part. And may depend on the entire video scene itself.

If it contains no subtle camera movement or the worker's leg or nothing else doesn't enter that area, then you're lucky. All you need is to make sure the edit layer is the top most layer in the layers palette and continue down the frame timeline.

If not, you have to copy/duplicate your clone edit to certain LAYERS in the Layer Palette or frames in the video timeline. And to adjust or retouch the duplicate to suit whatever subtle camera movement or whatever takes place in that particular section. This duplicate is left visible for that particular frame only.

Or it could be a combination of having the clone layer at top for some frames and adding adjusted layer duplicates on others.....

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
David Camilleri said:

David, unless the the camera was filming from a fixed point, then all the frames will be slightly different. While the same clone work may work for covering the stone, if the camera is moving, so will the position of the stone. Like dv8 explained, you need to redo your clone work on it's own layer. This way the layer can be copied, pasted, and then moved if needed.

If you followed the first tutorial and you use a copy of the video as your clone source, then you don't need to copy and paste anything. Just go frame to frame and clone over the stone.