What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do i make this Effect?

Vanny

I think i have an idea in photoshop with Blending the photos but perhaps someone knows exactly how to get this image effect . Here is pic from a tradeshow. I would like to get the same effect with a piece of equipment with a blue background. Thanks for the advice in advance.

chris

Attachments

• block.jpg
    block.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 1
There are several ways to do this.

One way is to put a solid blue layer underneath a black & white version of the photograph of the equipment and change the blending mode and opacity of the photograph layer to taste. U may want to start with it in "luminosity" blend mode.

Another way is to reverse order of the color and the equipment layer in the layer stack, i.e. Put the color layer on top, then change it's blending mode to color (or one of the other modes that lets its color come through, eg, "color" blending mode.

It's hard to give an exact recipe just from seeing a snapshot of the poster and without seeing the image of the equipment to be used. For example, the equipment photo will likely need some brightness & contrast tweaks to make the overall effect come out exactly like the example.

HTH,

Tom M

Yet another way is to put a curves adjustment layer on top of a black& white version of the equipment photo and adjust the endpoint of the R, G, & B curves to introduce the desired color cast.

As is always the case in Photoshop there are many ways to accomplish the same goal.

Last edited:
Maybe you want to try it like this.

.Test.jpg

Bildschirmfoto 2016-01-29 um 21.38.29.png

1. Backround layer with car
2. Grey border, layered multiply.
3. Blue Color, layer mode multiply.
4. WhiteText
5. Oval shape, filled with white color, gaussian blur, layer mode screen
6. 4 white squares

Last edited:
Hey Tom,

Thanks for the quick response. I really appreciate that. Took your advice and the image is coming along nicely. Thanks a bunch!

-chris

Back