What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using a logo in pdf format in a poster design in Photoshop CS3

plainman007

Im designing a poster in photoshop CS3 and the client has given me his logo in a pdf file. The logo seems to be raster and high resolution in the pdf. But its not a separate image. Its sort of like a vector embedded into the pdf document. How do i extract and use this image in my photoshop poster design. Id be thankful for any help from members here.

Thanks

Graham Smith

Banned
While opening the pdf file in to Photoshop, click to open the image instead of page. Illustrator image trace options will help to extract the logo if Photoshop not able to open the .pdf as image. Image can be traced manually in Photoshop as well..

Tom Mann

Guru
Good find, Sam.

BTW, this is why, just a few days ago in a different thread, I said:

"...Then, at the last step, they will integrate the two together (typically in AI) and output the result to a file format that keeps the two parts of the image separate, eg, *.ai, *.pdf, *.eps, etc. and that their printer will accept. If you rasterize everything at 200 or 300 PPI, you'll need a very large computer and the printer will likely be annoyed by you submitting a file size that large. ..."

Tom M