What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help sharpening/ darkening parts of this image...

krzyalo

Hi All, Im new to this site and new to photography and Photoshop in general. I was needing help with the image below. The texture of this fabric is actually lace but its so bright you cant tell so Im trying to figure out how to make it not so bright and more toned down to show the details. Im hoping I can figure this out since I have 12 more photos/ items to make this edit on for my website.

Any help, input, tips or tricks will be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

Attachments

• new1.jpg
    new1.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi krzyalo
You image is very small and very compressed. Hopefully you have taken the image in raw format as that provides the most adjustment latitude. In the image below, all I did was make the image a Smart Ojbect and applied the camera raw filter with reduced exposure, increased contrast, and increased clarity settings just to give you an example. With a raw image I bet you pull out the details quite easily this way

Adjust-White-Lace.jpg