What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Automotive Background Help

Kdowney

Hi! Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm an automotive photographer, and was recently asked at one of my dealerships to edit the backgrounds of the cars to look like they are in a studio on a cycle wall. I understand I can do this by cutting out the image via the magnetic lasso tool and stick it on a background, but is there a more efficient and less time consuming way to do this?

Thank you in advance!

Tom Mann

Guru
The selection method that is usually recommended for this sort of task is the pen tool. It will almost certainly be less error-prone than the magnetic lasso tool, but, as Sam said, it will likely take about the same time. The pen tool also takes some practice to get good with it. Not everyone get along with it, LOL.

Tom M