What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Perspective Warp Animations

Andy Reiss

With the Perspective Warp feature in Photoshop CC, can you create an animation of the tilting of a 2d object to create an effect similar to this.

Click on image.
wiggle.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I suppose you could. Most single image wiggle gifs are made by making selections from the image and moving them.

Here is an old thread on the subject: https://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum/photoshop-newbies/48972-doubt-3d-effect.html

You do know that you can open gifs in Photoshop and view them in your timeline? If you look at the gif you posted, you will see how its been selected and moved or the original creator of the gif just used layers to create the movement.

Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 3.54.06 PM.png

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If you look closely at the gif, you can see the layer or selection separation and how it moves independently of the other layers or separations.

I've marked one such separation here in red.

wiggle_01.gif

Andy Reiss

Thank you, I've always been curious the exact process behind those, though my curiosity right now is if there is a quick way to animate the usage of Perspective Warp.For example you can create a 3d sphere, spin it, and tween it, making it spin around... can you do that with Perspective Warp on a 2d object?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you, I've always been curious the exact process behind those, though my curiosity right now is if there is a quick way to animate the usage of Perspective Warp.For example you can create a 3d sphere, spin it, and tween it, making it spin around... can you do that with Perspective Warp on a 2d object?

As I stated above, I suppose you could.

The idea is fairly new and I'm not finding any information on using Perspective warp to create wiggle gifs. Be adventurous and give it a shot yourself. You have nothing to loose. I'm still using CS6 (for now) so I can't experiment.

True wiggle gifs are made from multiple frames from video. I would use the Perspective warp to adjust two or more different duplicates of the same image, turn them into frames (no tweening), in order to create the motion.